Informative data on sitting exams for candidates who had been struggling to sit exams in summer time because of Covid-19.
The University of St Andrews provides a number of versatile entry choices to be able to make sure our doorways stay available to all pupils, no matter back ground or circumstances that are personal.
Although entry to St Andrews is competitive, we recognise a variety of various skills and give consideration to all aspects of the application, including context, your own personal declaration and recommendations. Grades alone will maybe not guarantee you admission, and offers that are actual be greater or less than the detailed minimum grades required by each programme.
We now have clarified our entry needs for candidates staying in great britain and using entry. Additional information about our entry demands are located in educational entry explained and UK-based candidates can utilize our indicator to determine what collection of entry needs they should glance at. All non-UK based applicants should have a look at our standard scholastic entry demands.
The University offers alternate entry roads for candidates who originate from areas where we get restricted applications and who’re struggling to obtain the necessary grades, or even for those people who are going back to training after a protracted time frame.
Standard qualifications accepted
The University recognises the after skills for undergraduate entry. Certain grades are influenced by each programme.
- SQA Highers: BBBB to AAAAB
- A-Level: ABB to A*A*A
- Overseas Baccalaureate (IB): 36 (HL 6,5,5) to 38 (HL 6,6,6 plus SL 6,6,6). From 2021, programmes requiring A-levels math need either Mathematics: Analysis and Approaches or Mathematics: Applications and Interpretation at more impressive range.
- Cambridge Pre-U ( A-Levels equivalencies):
- Where Grade A* at A-Level is required we will request D2 within the Pre-U Principal Subject.
- Where level A at A-Level is needed we shall require D3 into the Pre-U Principal topic.
- Where level B at A-Level is necessary we will require M1 into the Pre-U Principal topic.
- Welsh Baccalaureate ( a known degree equivalencies):
- Where AAA at A-Level is required we shall request a within the Advanced techniques Challenge Certificate and AA at A-level.
- Where AAB at A-Level is required we will request an into the Advanced techniques Challenge Certificate and AB at A-level or B when you look at the Advanced techniques Challenge Certificate and AA at A-level.
- Where ABB at A-Level is necessary we will request an within the Advanced techniques Challenge Certificate and BB at A-level or B into the Advanced Skills Challenge Certificate and AB at A-level.
- Note: The Advanced techniques Challenge Certificate will perhaps not change pre-requisite topics, but a grade that is a fulfil the next A* requirement for standard entry math.
- Greater National Certificate (HNC): вЂAвЂ™ Graded Unit
- Greater Nationwide Diploma (HND): вЂAAвЂ™ Graded Unit
- SWAP Access: AAA
- Foundation Apprenticeship: accepted as comparable to one SQA that is additional for candidates to level programmes into the Faculty of Arts and Science for non-required topics.
- Access Diploma to raised training: at the least 45 credits at degree 3 at Distinction and Merit.
- BTEC Nationwide Diploma (Degree 3):
- Where AAA at A-Level is required we shall ask for 2 Distinctions plus one Distinction* (D, D, D*).
- Where AAB at A-Level is required we shall request three Distinctions (D, D, D).
The grades detailed will be the array of most most most most likely grades considered for an offer, but the majority of facets are taken into account when creating provides, including context, your private declaration and sources. Start to see the University’s utilization of contextual information.
These records is actually for basic guidance; we think about each application on its very own merits, as outlined within the admissions policy.
For postgraduate entry needs be sure to see вЂEntry needs by nationвЂ™ below.
St Andrews pledge
The University’s aspiration would be to see equity of access over the national nation, no matter socio-economic history. We pledge in order to make an offer to all the British candidates whom:
- declare a taken care of or perhaps in care history.
- have a home in the 20% most deprived areas in Scotland as suggested because of the SIMD and go to a college which includes 30% or reduced progression to raised training; provided the want to learn the topic is demonstrable, the minimum asking prices within all specified needed subjects are met and when appropriate there is certainly success in outside evaluation or meeting.